Arupratan Ghosh has been awarded as an Innovator of 2013 by the DST Lockheed-Martin India Innovates Growth Program (IIGP) 2013 for his work and innovation in Bamboo Greenhouse Technology.
It is the greenhouse that is structured by matured, cured & treated bamboo instead of usual structural elements (GI/MS/wood). It is very tough to standardize the design of bamboo greenhouses, specifically due to the non-standardized nature of bamboo. Unlike GI/MS pipe etc, bamboos do not have similar dimensions and uniformity in respect of size & shape (diameter/width/thickness etc). Hence it was an urgent call to establish a standard design of bamboo greenhouse that can efficiently compete with other common greenhouses.
Finally it is a multi-technology innovation involving bamboo curing, structural designing, foundation, and air removal rate of greenhouse, which creates a standard model of ''bamboo greenhouse'' suitable for tropical humid climate and similar to conventional greenhouse made up of GI/MS/Wood.
Till March 2018, two agreements and one MOU was signed to transfer the said innovative Bamboo Greenhouse Technology. The details of the Agreements are given below :
- MOU signed on Alril 12, 2017 for a SDF, Ghana, project with Agri-Impact Consults, PMB 18, Mempeasem Street, Kanda ACCRA, Ghana.
- Agreement signed on March 6th, 2018, with Pradhan Horti n Agri Enterprises, Plot No. 72, Road No. 5, Mamtanagar, Nagole, Hyderabad. Commercially the Company can operate in Andhra Pradesh, Telengana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
- Agreement signed on March 6th, 2018, with Nexus Agritech, B-3, Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal. Commercially the Company can operate in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Assam and Orissa.
STEPS TO ERECT PROPER AND SCIENTIFIC BAMBOO GREENHOUSE
PATENTS FOR THE BAMBOO GREENHOUSE
Applied and published four Patents on following subjects in 2011:
- 1. Fan-tube ventilation of Greenhouse
- 2. Bamboo curing
- 3. Pre-cast readymade grouts of Greenhouse
- 4. Fabrication & design of Bamboo Greenhouse